The YDRS Symposium attracts delegates from municipal recreation, community service departments, not for profit groups, community sports groups, public health, educational institutions and social service organizations. Presenters range from front line staff to youth policy makers.
The educational opportunity is designed to provide delegates with the opportunity to:
- Learn first hand about child and youth development and its application in recreation
- Hear from colleagues and peers through focused and themed presentations
- Enjoy networking opportunities and return home with practical and applicable resources
- Front-line Youth Workers
- Social Workers
- Recreation Facility Staff
- Healthcare Workers
- Recreation Coordinators & Managers
"Providing an educational forum to advance knowledge of youth development through recreation."
The Symposium is based on the National Youth Development Symposium that was launched in Calgary in the spring of 2003.